Sunday, January 13, 2008

"See the child."

"The men as they rode turned black in the sun from the blood on their clothes and their faces and then paled slowly in the rising dust until they assumed once more the color of the land through which they passed".



I've written about Cormac McCarthy here before a couple of times, but since its finally "No Country for Old Men" week in the UK, and this article does a better job than I ever will of explaining what hes about and why you should care, please check it out. Then buy all his books. Thank you.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Beezer B said...

Shortest Noland VD post evar!!!

I will dutifully see that film, I think.

3:21 am  
Blogger David N said...

Ha. Strangely, short posts seem more self-indulgent to me than long, rambling ones.

Like : heres a link, you scum, and I can't even be arsed to explain why you should click on it. Just do it. Coz I say so.

12:10 am  
Blogger Beezer B said...

Heres a link, click on it
http://douglangsfilmblog.blogspot.com/

I can't be arsed to explain why...

No really I just came here to give you this link in case you hadn't seen it. Who is this Doug Lang? Regardless he seems to write about films and poetry on seperate blogs and he's a character and intellectual. Interesting.

12:28 am  
Blogger David N said...

He has pretty good taste, seems to write consistently about interesting films. Plus, and more importantly, he has a still from Mann's Last of the Mohicans on that page. Game over.

1:40 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home